In Vitro Fertilization, or IVF, is a fertility treatment where eggs are retrieved from the woman’s ovaries and fertilized with sperm in a glass dish. The fertilized eggs, now embryos, are transferred to the uterus.
Depending on the infertility diagnosis, IVF may be a first-step fertility treatment for couples with severe male infertility factors or significant tubal blockages. It may be the final fertility treatment stop for couples who’ve tried oral fertility medications and IUI without success or have unexplained infertility.
Regardless of the diagnosis that leads you to IVF, the Reproductive Resource Center works carefully with clients to sync reproductive cycles, egg retrievals, and embryo transfers to optimize IVF success.
IVF Is Time Sensitive
You may have heard the term IVF Timeline, which alludes to the fact that this process is time-sensitive. Therefore, we schedule your treatment protocols carefully. Even a matter of a few hours or a single day can impact In Vitro Fertilization treatment outcomes. We encourage clients to follow the treatment timeline that you will be given precisely.
This includes the timing of:
- Retrieving the sperm sample (or scheduling delivery of frozen donor sperm)
- Administering fertility medications.
- Syncing egg retrieval with follicle maturation via regular appointment in our office.
- Synchronizing your menstrual cycle for your embryo transfer date.
- Scheduling the embryo transfer appointment with Day 5 of your fertilized egg’s (blastocyst) development so the uterus is ready for implantation.
During our consultation, we’ll discuss your optimal fertility goals and begin planning your appointment dates.
Does IVF feel like the best path forward for your family-building goals? You’re in great hands. Schedule your consultation with the Reproductive Resource Center and learn why we are one of the outstanding fertility clinics in the region.