Top 10 Restaurants in Kansas City for Babies & Moms
Once you are a mother, the words “family-friendly restaurant” can make you weep with joy. That sweet little miracle you waited so long for never seemed as noisy or demanding as when you bring him or her into a public restaurant. That’s why we thought it would be a good idea to arm you with one of the best baby gifts you’ll ever receive: A list of the Top 10 Restaurants in Kansas City that moms and their babies will feel comfortable in.
Here they are in no particular order:
- T-Rex Café. Okay, in no particular order…except for this one. T-Rex café will quickly become a family favorite since is as much of an experience as it is a dining establishment. Your kids can roar all they like and nobody will find it amiss.
- Korma Sutra. It’s hard to pick a favorite authentic Indian dish from Korma Sutra’s menu. We recommend going frequently enough to try them all. Unlike most of the other menus on the list, eating with your hands is highly encouraged. You’ll want to mop up every last bit of sauce, curry or lentils with their delicious naan (flat bread). That alone is enough to make your little ones beam in appreciation.
- Longboards Wraps and Bowls. In addition to being child-friendly we love that Longboards Wraps and Bowls is also delicious and healthy. It’s the perfect place to meet a friend with her kids, and there are plenty of options for the little ones to snack on.
- Ruby’s Dagwood’s Café. This simple café is so straightforward that they don’t even have a website, but they are a family favorite for many KC residents, especially revered for their delicious breakfasts. You can visit Ruby’s Dagwood’s Café at 1117 Southwest Blvd. Have some homemade biscuits and gravy in our honor!
- Blue Koi. If your family is in the mood for traditional Asian-style noodles and cuisine, stop by one of the Blue Koi’s two locations in Midtown or Leawood. The food is tasty and they welcome children, who love slurping up the noodles Asian-style.
- Oklahoma Joes’ Barbecue. This is a Kansas City staple. We recommend going to their original location, located at the Shamrock Gas Station at 3002 West 47th avenue because that is where everything is cooked. Regular favorites include the ribs, pulled pork, and the Z-man brisket sandwich.
- Waldo Pizza. Every family needs a pizza place to go to for birthday parties, after sports practices and games, or so parents can enjoy a pitcher of beer while the kids feast slice by slice. Waldo Pizza offers three different crust styles along with gluten-free and vegan options.
- Beer Kitchen. Here’s what we love about the Beer – the food is delicious, there are menu options for every dietary preference in the book, and they are 100% kid friendly. Forget about waiting for dad so he can watch the game on their TVs, grab your girlfriends and head there for lunch to enjoy some of the world’s best hamburgers and truffle fries.
- Bristol Seafood Grill. So often, the worlds “kid friendly” translate to “no ambience, service is shaky, but at least your kids are welcome.” The Bristol Seafood Grill is a place where you can enjoy the benefits of a finer dining experience, in terms of ambiance, menu options and service, but you won’t feel out of place with your children in tow.
- Mi Ranchito Cocina & Cantina. Similar to a pizza joint, every family needs a Mexican food place where they can gorge. You learn to appreciate any restaurant that brings snacks to the table right away – even better when it’s chips and salsa! Their service is always fast and friendly.
Do you have a favorite baby and child-friendly restaurant to share? Share your recommendations with our community in the comment box below.
- Egg Donor
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Tips
- Health Tips
- Infertility Basics
- Kansas City
- Male Fertility
- Office News/In the Media
- Payment and Insurance
- Physicians and Staff
- Psychological and Emotional Issues
- Sperm Donation
- Success Stories
Receive Blog Updates
|||In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)|
|||Give Us a Call At (913) 894-2323|
Meet Our Team
RRC has over 200 years of combined experience. As a leading reproductive health, infertility, and in-vitro fertilization (or IVF) center based in Kansas City, we're proud to have the highest level of expertise available to our patients.