One of the most exciting developments to occur in the world of infertility and IVF treatments is the technological advancements that continue to make Fertility Preservation a successful means of infertility treatment for cancer survivors. We have been tickled pink and blue by the addition of Dr. S. Samuel Kim on the Reproductive Resource Center’s staff this past summer. In addition to more than 20 years in the field of fertility reproduction, Dr. Kim is also one of the leading experts in the world on this very exciting and revolutionary subject.
Read Everything You’ve Wanted to Know About Fertility Preservation in Dr. Kim’s New Book
Dr. Kim and his colleague, Jacques Donnez MD PhD, co-edited the book, Principles and Practice of Fertility Preservation, which was published by Harvard Press in March of this year. The book is a well-rounded resource for those who want to learn more about:
- Fertility preservation in cancer and non-cancer patients
- The biology and treatment of cancer(s), including the modern fields of cancer research, prevention and treatment.
- Both the biology and cryobiology of reproduction.
- The struggles of fertility preservations techniques and blueprints for both males and females.
- Information regarding the current status of assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
- The potential for cryopreservation and transplantation of both ovarian tissues as well as the whole ovary.
While the book is written in the format of a textbook, and will be used as such for medical students and clinicians who specialize in reproductive medicine, oncology, gynecology, infertility and endocrinology, it is also richly illustrated and written in such a way that it’s considered appropriate for a wide audience.
Dr. S. Samuel Kim is a highly esteemed clinician. Before Joining us at RRC, he was most recently the Professor and Division Director of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. His research and successes in fertility preservation have made him a much sought-after lecturer and has landed him guest-spots on worldwide news networks.
Please contact us to learn more about Dr. Kim, the Reproductive Resource Center in Kansas City, or to learn more about your personal options in the realm of fertility preservation.