How you can help support 2011 Federal Legislation Efforts
Want to know how you can become an advocate for Family Act of 2011, S 965 legislation? We’ve got the information, courtesy of RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association. Why does it matter to you? In a nutshell, The Family Act creates a tax credit for the out-of-pocket costs associated with infertility medical treatment. You’ll even find an easy link toward the end of this post that enables you to quickly write to your Senator; urging his/her support of the Act.
Family Act of 2011, S 965
Updated: May 13, 2011
- Short Description of the Bill: A bill to create a tax credit for the out-of-pocket costs associated with infertility medical treatment has been introduced in the U.S. Senate by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY). Aptly named the Family Act of 2011, S 965, this bill will potentially help thousands of people seek medical treatment that otherwise would be out of reach for them.
- Current status of Bill: Senator Gillibrand (NY) introduced the bill in the U.S. Senate on May 12, 2011.
- Link to Bill: http://1.usa.gov/la59ZN
- What YOU Can Do Today: Write to your U.S. Senators immediately and ask them to co-sponsor the Family Act of 2011, S 965. We need to get as many Senators as possible to co-sponsor this bill and to seek a hearing on the bill in the appropriate Senate Committees. Please ask your two U.S. Senators to co-sponsor the Family Act of 2011, S 965. Please urge your family and friends around the country to send a letter as well. We need thousands of letters flooding the U.S. Senate!
- Read more about this Bill.
- Read the Infertility Tax Credit FAQs.
*image courtesy of D Hotey / creative commons
- Egg Donor
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Tips
- Health Tips
- Infertility Basics
- Kansas City
- Male Fertility
- Office News/In the Media
- Payment and Insurance
- Physicians and Staff
- Psychological and Emotional Issues
- Sperm Donation
- Success Stories
Receive Blog Updates
|||In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)|
|||Give Us a Call At (913) 894-2323|
Meet Our Team
RRC has over 200 years of combined experience. As a leading reproductive health, infertility, and in-vitro fertilization (or IVF) center based in Kansas City, we're proud to have the highest level of expertise available to our patients.