Your First Visit to RRC
Welcome the the Reproductive Resource Center.
We are delighted to meet you and even more excited to help you achieve your fertility and reproductive health goals. During your first visit, we will review your medical history, complete a physical examination and ultrasound evaluation, and discuss diagnostic and treatment options; of course, you will also have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss any important clinical findings.
Please also note that additional testing is often necessary and that these findings may influence your infertility diagnosis and infertility treatment plans.
How do I prepare and what do I bring for my first visit?
- We strongly encourage both partners to be present for your first visit.
- Your arrival time, will depend upon your individual testing requirements so please be sure to review and confirm this time listed within your new patient confirmation letter.
- You may want to review our website for driving directions and parking instructions. Our office now offers complimentary valet parking for your convenience.
- Finally, please follow up with any physician’s office from which you have requested medical records to ensure we receive them at least one week prior to your appointment.
What should I expect on my first visit?
Each patient and couple’s visit will be individualized; however, a general and common timeline is as follows:
- If needed, a semen analysis will be completed in our private collection room and on-site laboratory.
- You and/or your partner will meet with the nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant to review your history.
- You will then meet with your physician. During your visit, you will usually have a consultation and physical examination including a pelvic ultrasound (don’t worry if you are menstruating). Your physician will review the results of your history, examination, labs and ultrasound with you, and discuss treatment recommendations.
- Your nurse will review new prescriptions and schedule any necessary procedures or tests.
- A financial counselor will also be available to discuss costs and insurance issues with you.
How Long will My First Visit Take?
Plan to be at our office for a few hours during your initial consultation. If you have any questions, please call our office.
A word about infertility treatment….
Patience and persistence are perhaps the two most important ingredients for successful fertility care. Exceptional, responsible, and comprehensive fertility treatment (and medicine for that matter) is completed with great attention to detail. It is equally important to note that most couples will not achieve pregnancy after just one month of treatment. However, a little patience and a lot of tenacity will minimize the stress couples often feel when undergoing fertility care – and eventually lead to success.
We are delighted you have chosen the Reproductive Resource Center, and we very much look forward to meeting you.
|||In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)|
|||Give Us a Call At (913) 894-2323|
Meet Our Team
RRC has over 100 years of combined experience. As a leading reproductive health, infertility, and in-vitro fertilization (or IVF) center based in Kansas City, we're proud to have the highest level of expertise available to our patients.
|||eIVF Patient Portal|
|||New Patient Registration|
|||Request an Appointment|
|||Patient Video Instruction|
How Soon After Miscarriage Can We Try Again?
Miscarriages are devastating. However, the emotional crippling that can occur for a woman post-miscarriage can potentially affect her ability to get pregnant again. Unless your doctor has told you otherwise, most experts now agree that it’s better to start trying to get pregnant sooner rather than later after a miscarriage....