For all current and prospective Reproductive Resource Center patients, Complementary Care Group for Infertility offers supportive counseling services, Mind/Body Programs for Infertility, and third-party reproduction consultation and evaluation. For detailed information about the services offered, please visit their website at www.complementarycaregroup.com.
For individuals and couples that are currently in treatment for infertility, or are considering medical treatment for infertility, it is important to know infertility is considered a major life crisis by mental health professionals. In addition, it is one of the few life crises where individuals and couples feel very isolated and misunderstood. The benefits of finding new and better ways to cope with this unique life experience vary among individuals and couples, however most can expect:
- An increased sense of control.
- To learn skills to change the physical and emotional responses to the stress related to infertility and treatments for infertility.
- To learn and practice the ability to challenge negative though patterns and negative emotions.
- To gain a better understanding of your partner, and how to help your partner better understand you.
- To learn how to make the best decisions about treatment options.
For women experiencing infertility, that are also suffering from depression and/or anxiety, even in the mild to moderate range, relieving your symptoms increases your chances of conceiving while going through treatment. Research shows that women undergoing medical treatment for infertility, that also receive psychological support, have much higher conception rates than women who receive medical treatment only.
In addition, Renew Counseling also offers infertility support counseling services. For more detailed information about their services, please visit their website at www.renewkc.com.