Coming From Out of Town?
Our new state-of-the-art fertility clinic and high success rates attract patients from all over the country.
Welcome! Following are lodging and entertainment suggestions in the Kansas City area. Please feel free to reach out to us for more!
Make Yourself at Home in Kansas City
Let this page serve as a Kansas City “cheatsheet” as you learn your way around. We’ve provided information on:
- How to visit us safely
- Where to stay
- Things to do while you’re here
- Ideas for relaxing and self-care
Also, our staff is always happy to answer any questions. We’re only a phone call away, (913) 894-2323, so don’t hesitate to call us and we can make recommendations based on your interests.
We Make it as Easy as Possible
While we can’t say that infertility testing and fertility treatments are completely stress-free, we can say that the team at RRC makes the process as streamlined and ease-filled as possible. We are diligent about:
- Clear communication
- Explaining everything in civilian language
- Ensuring you get the accurate diagnosis required to choose the best treatment plan
- Providing information about how to get the support you need during this tender time
- Clear schedules and calendar information pertaining to your treatment cycle(s)
- Transparency around your test results and further steps required for fertility treatment(s)
We take a family approach to the fertility journey, and that nourishes our patients in a big way as they move forward. It is infinitely easier to weather the infertility storm when your fertility treatment center physicians and staff feel more like friends and family than “medical professionals” and “lab techs.”
There are 10+ Hotels Within a Mile of Our Front Door
If you are making this a vacation as well as a stop on your fertility journey, feel free to browse the internet for the myriad of granny units, apartments, condos, and homes available on VRBO and AirBnB. However, there are 10+ hotels located within a mile of RRC’s front doors – including one within a single walkable block.
Here is a list to get you started:
- Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
- Marriott Kansas City, Overland Park
- Motel 6 Overland Park
- Super 8 by Wyndham
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Best Western
- Hampton Inn
- Embassy Suites
- La Quinta Inn & Suites
Amazing Things to Do & See Around KC
The Kansas City metropolitan area is filled with incredible things to do and see (including great shopping!). We recommend that you visit websites for specific hours and events.
Some suggestions include:
- Upscale shopping at Town Center Plaza & Crossing
- Walking and window shopping around Country Club Plaza or Oak Park Mall
- A trip to Union Station
- Bargain shopping, lots of entertainment and dining at The Legends Outlets
- Visiting the Negro League Baseball Museum
- Step into creativity at The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- Celebrating your inner-child (or your children!) at The National Museum of Toys/Miniatures
- Taking a bike ride (unless your fertility specialist has restricted your exercise/activity limits)
- Dining in our fantastic restaurants
- Watch the races at NASCAR Kansas Speedway
- Venture in to downtown Kansas City, MO and wonder around the Power & Light District
Looking for something more relaxing and off the beaten path?
Don’t Neglect Relaxation & Self-Care
Taking time to relax and prioritize self-care are the best way to counteract any stress or anxiety you’re experiencing around your fertility testing, appointments and treatment cycles. From getting a massage or a facial to spending time in our arboretum, there are plenty of ways to escape the hustle-and-bustle and escape to a sanctuary while you’re here.
Read, 5 Relaxing Things to Do in KC, to learn more about the opportunities that will help to balance your body, mind, and spirit while you’re visiting us.
Again, the physicians and staff at the Reproductive Resource Center welcome you to Kansas City and want you to enjoy your stay as much as possible. Reach out to us by phone, (913) 894-2323, or by contacting us online for more ideas about how to ease your stay while you’re here in Kansas City.
|||In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)|
|||Give Us a Call At (913) 894-2323|
Meet Our Team
RRC has over 200 years of combined experience. As a leading reproductive health, infertility, and in-vitro fertilization (or IVF) center based in Kansas City, we're proud to have the highest level of expertise available to our patients.
|||eIVF Patient Portal|
|||New Patient Registration|
|||Request an Appointment|
|||Patient Video Instruction|
The Difference Between IUI and IVF
Once you are diagnosed with an infertility factor, it’s time to create a personalized treatment plan. This plan varies according to the factors identified by the fertility screening and diagnostic tests. Two of the most common treatments include intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in-vitro fertilization (IVF), two very different fertility procedures...