Whenever you are going through tough times, or facing some of life’s greatest challenges, a simple quote or hearing the right expression at just the right time can make all the difference. For that reason, we thought it would be nice to collect a few of our favorite quotes about IVF and infertility. Some of them are spoken by IVF experts, others are the heartfelt sentiments from individuals such as yourselves.
7 of Our Favorite Quotes About IVF and Fertility
We hope that at least one of them will strike a chord with you and help you to keep your chin up when the going gets rough or encourage you to pursue the next step in your fertility journey if you are needing a little extra inspiration.
- “The children we bring into the world are small replicas of ourselves and our husbands; the pride and joy of grandfathers and grandmothers. We dream of being mothers, and for most of us that dreams are realised naturally. For this is the Miracle of Life.” – Azelene Williams, Author of the book INFERTILITY Road to Hell and Back
Perhaps this quote is the one women and couples pursuing IVF and other fertility should have on a placard pinned to their chests. When others try to encourage adopting, a wonderful option if you feel it’s right for you, it will give them an idea of why – for now – having a baby that is genetically as well as emotionally yours is so important.
- “The difficulty of IVF or of any fertility issues is the hope and the shattered hope, the dream that it might happen this time and then it doesn’t happen.” – Brooke Shields
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – A Japanese proverb.You will become a parent, if that is your heart’s desire. Becoming a parent means watching your baby, and then child, be willing to fall down and stand right back up. You can be his or her own best example with the patience and discipline you begin cultivating through your IVF journey.
- “Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.” ~ Dr. Robert Anthony
- “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.Oh, this can be a hard one to hear. How often do you have to hear advice on being patient? However, this one is special because it reminds us that fertility is a natural process, even in its most controlled environment. It often takes patience and courage you never knew you had before your sacrifices will be rewarded.
- Our lives begin to end the day we remain silent about the things that matter. –Martin Luther King Journey.
- “I have enough experience — in fact, we all do — to recognize that a positive HPT doesn’t guarantee anything, not even a decent number on a quantitative blood test. Believe me, of that I am painfully and queasily aware. I am about five minutes pregnant, the littlest bit, and from here anything could happen…….But just as anything bad could happen at this point, so could anything good.” – Julie Robicheax
And it did! Julie and her husband Paul later delivered their healthy baby boy, Charlie. You can read her blog, titled “A Little Pregnant,” which chronicles their experiences through infertility, IFV, pregnancy and parenthood.
To learn more about infertility, fertility treatments and other related matters, you can subscribe to the RRC blog. Or, contact us to schedule an appointment if you feel you’re ready to begin exploring fertility options to add a new member to your family.
Image Source: freedigitalphotos.net