5 Facts to Know About Fertility Treatments
Once you’re diagnosed with an infertility factor, the fertility treatment journey begins. While your fertility specialist will tell you all s/he can about the most important details, there’s a lot of ground yet to cover.
Here are five of the most important facts about fertility treatments it’s helpful to know ahead of time.
1. Fertility treatments don’t always work the first time…
There are definitely exceptions to this rule, but by and large – it takes more than one fertility treatment to get pregnant. In the case of IVF, it can take multiple cycles. It’s important to be emotionally prepared for this and view each treatment as a very hopeful, next step towards fertility success.
The silver lining is that failed fertility treatments almost always provide fertility specialists with additional information useful for crafting a more personalized next step. Read, How Many IVF Cycles Should I Prepare For, to learn more about how preparing for repeat fertility treatments is a more realistic method for keeping stress levels and emotional well-being intact.
2. They’re more affordable than you may think
Are fertility treatments cheap? No. However, they are increasingly more affordable than you think. In addition to increased fertility treatment options via health insurance, companies like Progyny are partnering with top fertility clinics in the nation to offer more successful fertility benefit options to employees.
Most fertility treatment clinic also offer discounted rates by bundling packages, like the IVF deal we offer via Attain IVF, which saves individuals and couples thousands of dollars. There are also financing options available. Never underestimate the importance of choosing the right and best fertility clinic for you (more on that next) when it comes to saving money via fertility treatment success in fewer cycles –and in less time.
3. Choosing the best fertility clinic makes a huge difference
Choosing the best fertility clinic in your area, or being willing to travel for the best, makes a huge difference on several fronts.
- Better, overall outcomes. You’ll experience better, overall outcomes in terms of your health, the emotional journey, the support you receive and – of course – better treatment success and live birth rates.
- You’ll save money. As we referenced above, the quicker you conceive and give birth to a healthy baby, in the least number of treatment cycles, the more affordable the process is.
- More personalized treatments. In addition to verifying fertility treatment success rates, spend time looking at statistics – and interviewing doctors – about their success rates when it pertains to your particularly infertility factor(s). While all fertility specialists are “fertility specialists” some of us have higher rates when it comes to serving women 40-years and up, treating women with PCOS, or working with individuals/couples requiring donor eggs, etc. Teaming up with someone who has great overall success rates with your particular infertility bracket makes a big difference.
4. They take their toll emotionally
If you have an infertility factor that’s simple to treat, and you only need a single round of fertility meds to conceive at home, you’re in the minority. Most women and couples seeking fertility treatments are preparing to run a gauntlet of sorts. First, there’s the emotionally reality that for whatever reason, you and/or your partner are infertile. That’s a hard pill to swallow on its own.
Then there are the emotional ups-and-downs associated with most fertility treatment medications, which make you feel like your body is taken over by someone else. Finally, relationships take a beating if you aren’t careful to work through things, communicate honestly and compassionately and make romance a major priority.
5. You’ll need lots of support
If you’re a more private person, you don’t need to tell every last detail to your family and friends. However, we do recommend taking advantage of the various fertility support opportunities in and around the KC area. Connecting with people who have walked – or are walking – in your footsteps provides invaluable support and emotional buoyancy.
Contact RRC and work with KC’s most successful fertility treatment centers. We’ve provided innovative, cutting-edge fertility treatments, paired with immeasurable emotional support, to patients in and around Kansas City for 30 years and counting.
- Egg Donor
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Tips
- Health Tips
- Infertility Basics
- Kansas City
- Male Fertility
- Office News/In the Media
- Payment and Insurance
- Physicians and Staff
- Psychological and Emotional Issues
- Sperm Donation
- Success Stories
Receive Blog Updates
|||In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)|
|||Give Us a Call At (913) 894-2323|
Meet Our Team
RRC has over 200 years of combined experience. As a leading reproductive health, infertility, and in-vitro fertilization (or IVF) center based in Kansas City, we're proud to have the highest level of expertise available to our patients.